Why Pavement Deteriorates
Asphalt and concrete are both subject to wear and tear from vehicles but also from weather. UV rays and temperature changes. These things affect the chemical makeup of asphalt binders, breaking them down over time. Water flows into small holes and cracks, then physically pushes the pavement apart when it freezes. This yearly cycle of freezing and thawing can seriously damage pavement over time, but maintenance extends the life of your parking lot.
Benefits of Pavement Maintenance
Regular parking lot maintenance keeps your parking lot functional and beautiful, but the benefits go far beyond appearances.
- Minor repair services like crack filling maintain the structural integrity of your parking lot.
- Parking line restriping keeps your pavement markings bright and your visitors safe.
- Asphalt sealcoating protects against slow damage from UV rays and moisture.
- All maintenance services are much cheaper than major repairs, saving you money.
Our Parking Lot Maintenance Services
Many commercial property owners don’t realize that their pavement, just like buildings or landscaping, needs to be regularly maintained to retain full function. But what are maintenance services? Each type is tailored to a specific pavement problem.
- Crack Filling – To properly seal over pavement cracks, you need professional products like crack fillers and slurry sealers. These products bind with asphalt or concrete to create a seamless surface.
- Asphalt Sealcoating – Specially formulated asphalt coatings can completely revitalize old, worn pavement and protect from UV damage and wear from tires.
- Concrete Sealing – Concrete maintenance services include cleaning and degreasing as well as sealants that provide a fresh surface.
Your Trusted Local Parking Lot Maintenance Company
If your pavement in the greater Atlanta area is dry, gray, cracked, and deteriorating, you need the trusted local paving contractors: Miller Brothers Paving, Inc. Our experience in the area means we’ve faced all kinds of pavement conditions, and our professional pavement consultants can work closely to find the pavement maintenance solution for your commercial property. Contact us today to get started.