Our team was recently in Lilburn helping a client get their parking lot looking and working as it should. The parking lot suffered from severe alligator cracking, faded parking lines, and inadequate drainage. This was creating problems for them and speeding up the deterioration of the asphalt.
We addressed the poor drainage issue by milling out and removing a four-foot section from the curb. This fixed the drainage issues and created a proper water runoff. For the alligator cracking, we carried out full-depth repairs in affected areas and overlaid the rest of the lot. Finally, we repainted the entire lot to restore its look and function.
Scope of Work:
- Milling & Cleanup: Milled all curb areas to a depth of 4 inches from the curb to ensure a seamless tie-in with the new asphalt. This was followed by the thorough removal of all accumulated debris to ensure a clean surface for asphalt application.
- Primer Application: Applied SS-1 asphaltic cement to the exposed areas. This serves as an adhesive, promoting better bonding of the new asphalt layer.
- Asphalt Installation: Installed a 12.5MM hot asphalt layer followed by a 9.5MM hot asphalt layer, ensuring a robust and durable surface.
- Compaction: First compacted with a 5-ton steel roller to achieve the initial dense layer, and subsequently finished with a 9-wheel rubber tire compactor for a smooth finish.
- Painting & Striping: Re-painted and striped the parking lot based on the existing layout to maintain clarity and orderliness in the parking spaces.
The project turned out great and the client agreed. They stated, “We were happy with the professionalism of the entire operation, from the on-site workers to the office staff. The lot looks amazing!” We’re proud to have met and exceeded our client’s expectations. Contact us today, we are dedicated to offering this level of excellence to your project.